Dear students whom are registering for Industrial Training during Sem 2 of Session 2016/ 2017,
Very Important: How to deal with issues with e-Industrial Training System
If your industrial training placement has been approved by your department Industrial Training Coordinator, please register your placement in the e-Industrial Training system asap. Once that process is completed, you will have to register your industrial training just like what you do for your other courses. This has to be done before the end of the add and drop week of Sem 1 2016/2017. Otherwise you will be fined.
You can access the e-Industrial Training system (i.e. CITra industrial Training system) from MyUM.
Any issue with e-Industrial Training system, you have to request CITra to solve, as the Industrial Training Coordinators do not have the required access in the system to solve them. Industrial Training Coordinators can only access the system to give coordinator's approval.
You can contact the following staffs at CITra: Miss Nurhafizah (firstname.lastname@example.org) / Miss Maziah (email@example.com) / Miss Intan Shaheera (<firstname.lastname@example.org>). Tel: 03-79675408/5488
These are the typical steps involved when a student registers his/her placement in the e-Industrial training system. Please read through this entire email to get familiarized with the process to ensure successful registration of your industrial training.
1. If "Organisation Exist but Inactive", contact CITra to activate it.
2. If the company not yet exists in the system, the student has to create the new company, and the status will be "Organisation Pending Seksyen Kerjaya approval". Contact CITra to approve and cc to Department coordinator. Previously CITra is known as Seksyen Kerjaya.
3. After CITra approves/activate this company, the student will be able to enter all the details of the placement into the system
4. Then the status will be "Pending Coordinator Approval". Contact your Department Industrial Training Coordinator to approve it. Your coordinator will only approve it if he/she has given prior manual approval for this placement via email. Please enter only one placement in the e-Industrial Training System, which is, the placement that your coordinator has approved manually via email.
5. Next the status will be "Pending Organisation/Company approval". Contact CITra to approve on behalf of the company.
6. Next the status will be "Pending Student approval". The student needs to give approval.
7. Student can proceed to register LI as a course. This has to be done before the end of the add and drop week of Sem 1 2016/2017. Otherwise the student will be fined.
When you contact CITra, please forward the email you received from your Department Industrial Training Coordinator which states that he/she approved the placement offer you obtained from the respective company, and attach together the offer letter and screen capture of the problem in e-Industrial Training system, and, cc the email to your Department Industrial Training Coordinator and Mrs. Faridah (email@example.com), and edit the subject of email to reflect the problem for examples. "e-Industrial Training system: Organisation Exist but Inactive", "e-Industrial Training system: Organisation Pending Seksyen Kerjaya approval", etc.
Dr. Aznul Qalid Md Sabri